Tuesday, September 29, 2009

photo club



My friend John recently came up with the brilliant notion of a photo club. He sent out the idea to interested parties, and a first assignment, and now we are off and running! Our first assignment was to photograph a triangle. I decided that I would try to treat my photo essay as an exercise in looking, and try to come up with a series of images in one afternoon. Not sure if I will be able to continue this added self-challenge - that will depend on the nature of the future assignments. All I know is that is is fun to have an idea from outside my own sensibilities imposed upon me. Some art school nostalgia? For sure. But more importantly, a chance for some different perspectives, some opening of the eyes. Art. Fun. Sharing.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment