Monday, October 12, 2009

that is SO last century...

Capital One has been calling me for over a week with a "great opportunity." A woman named "Linda" has called from Ontario, New York, California, Pennsylvania and many other disembodied locations. Sometimes Linda leaves her pre-recorded message, sometimes not. On Sunday Linda called three times between 8:30 am and 9:45 am.

Is this company mental?

Do they really think
  1. That I will answer their obvious telemarketing call?
  2. That I will ever call them back (800 number notwithstanding)?
  3. By leaving no information whatsoever as to what this "great opportunity" is, that their call will pique my interest?
  4. That I don't have caller ID?
  5. That it isn't as easy as pie to do a reverse look-up on the number when Linda doesn't leave a message?
  6. That I want to hear from them on a weekend morning (or any other time)?
  7. That I haven't heard of the National Do Not Call Registry?
Does telemarketing even work in this digital day and age? Not for me. I want to see "great opportunities," if they even exist, in black and white, and most likely discovered by me or by a friend's word-of-mouth, not through some lame advertising ploy.

Excuse me while I go find my scissors. I have enough credit cards already, anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment