Tuesday, November 24, 2009

dangerous when wet

I can't believe the number of people (numbskulls?) walking around with no umbrella, wearing only hoodies or less. Does no one listen to the weather report? Or at least take a look at the sky? All you have to do is look up at the Hirshhorn or Air and Space and see that the buildings are soaked, too.


I can see getting caught in a surprise shower - it can happen to anyone. But it has been raining steadily, and these are folks visiting the National Mall, where its museums are happy to sell rain gear. Just one more thing I just don't get about crazy humans.

2 comments:

jane said...

I don't know I personally find it more frightening when the numbskulls are carrying umbrellas. I've been hit in the face so often in NYC by umbrella carrying barbarians. You want to tell them it's a rain deflecting device not a weapon that you are carrying!

xoxoxo said...

Good point. I guess I was mostly in shock by the sheer number of folks strolling around with just cotton hoodies on. On a cold, wet NOVEMBER day. I know we're in "the South," but come on. I've got another post percolating about hoodies...

Post a Comment