Monday, December 07, 2009

insomnia

IMG_3608


It's not that I can't sleep, exactly. It's that I don't want to. There simply are not enough hours in the day for all the things that I want to do.

Play, work, write on the computer. Read. Pluck my eyebrows. Take a call. Make a call. Knit. Worry about loved ones. Plan my future. Change my plans. Try a new recipe. Watch a movie or television show I wouldn't let the kid see. Paint my nails. Scheme new art projects. Finish old art projects. The list goes on and on . . .

I know I need to get more rest. I try to sleep in on weekend mornings. This isn't exactly working. But I'm working on it.

4 comments:

atthebench said...

I know what you mean ep! Lots to do and too often I wind up doing the same old, same old. Need to break out my rut, but then again, this snowy weekend I really needed to sit by the fire with a good book "Shirley" by one of the Bronte sisters.

xoxoxo said...

Hey, hanging out and reading is on my list, too! And a very valid occupation. I guess I'm just coming into my renaissance. There were quite a few years there where I was frankly bored - like, I suspect, most folks are - and now I've got so much I want to do (besides laundry!) Sounds like an additional post may be called for...

Kelly O said...

This is a beautiful picture!

xoxoxo said...

taken by my beautiful daughter!

Post a Comment