Friday, February 05, 2010

déjà snow

This energizer snow just keeps going and going and going . . . and here we go again.

I've been feeling very Little House on the Prairie this weekend.

Yesterday we stayed home, waiting for the snow bomb to drop, which started at about 11am. I had just moved my car from where it was parked quite a few blocks away to a more visible spot across the street, where I could see it get buried. And it has. I moved the horse into the barn.


I did the laundry, sorted clothes in my daughter's room. I chopped the wood and did my chores, Pa.


I baked johnny cake for dinner, served with pears. I started a knitting project after dinner. Let's huddle by the fire until this winter is over.

4 comments:

jane said...

The Johnny Cake looks good! What are you knitting? I'm a little knitted out right now and itching to draw. Yeah right,in all that spare time I always seem to have!

xoxoxo said...

I'm just doing an extremely simple blanket. I have all this extra blue yarn that I made a hat and scarf out of. I love the color, but it's not enough yarn to make a sweater, and that's probably too complicated a project for me, anyway. So while we have been snowed in and watching TV I've been knitting the blanket - it's about 18" long at the moment and just starting to keep my lap a little warm!

jane said...

Post a picture of it! I love seeing what people make for themselves. It's funny its almost as long as the snow was deep.

xoxoxo said...

I didn't even think of that! It will be a snow gauge blanket! I better keep going, as I have to catch up to the 10-20" they expect today!

Post a Comment