Tuesday, February 02, 2010

i . . . feel . . . faint

Apparently my daughter has been amusing her friends at school lately by feigning fainting. I saw her amusing herself (and me) by doing it (complete with "woe is me" wrist applied to her forehead) while we watched a movie last night, during a crucial scene when the hero and heroine kissed. I asked her where she had been seeing all this fainting, to practice her technique—from what movie? At first she couldn't remember, and then she said it was when Dorothy saw the witch. I don't remember Judy Garland fainting in The Wizard of Oz . I do remember her falling to her bed after being hit with a window frame during the tornado scene. But regardless, whether the scene happened, how she remembers it or how I do, it is leading to some honing of an almost six-year-old's dramatic skills.

1 comments:

p said...

I think she may be referring to the scene in the poppy field where Dorothy slows down gasps for air and says "what's happening, what is it?(wrist to forehead) I can't run anymore, I'm so sleepy" the boys of course try to get her to continue but she lays down and goes to sleep. Of course the Lion does actually faint (the first time he meets the all powerful Wizard of Oz) but there is no wrist to the forehead he just falls backward.

Post a Comment