Tuesday, March 09, 2010

going with the flow . . .

Today we are staying home while I am fighting off a cold, or more honestly, surrendering. This has been a hard winter for me. I think this is the third head cold, after a pretty long streak of wellness. Oh well, you've got to go with the flow, and right now, it's all nasal (sniff.)

I'm sorry to inflict my illness on the kid, but she is doing pretty well keeping at somewhat of an arm's length, and watching cartoons while I lay back. It brings the reality of being a single mom to the fore, as it would have been much more effort to drag myself in to school to drop her off and pick her up than to just keep her home with me so that I could get a few extra hours of rest. And so it goes. Just hope I can stay up for the new LOST tonight. At least if I conk out I know there's always hulu . . .

1 comments:

jane said...

Feel better and no need to feel guilty I'm sure she loved getting to spend the day at home with you, even at arms length.

Post a Comment