Thursday, April 22, 2010

into each generation . . .

. . . a Slayer is born. One girl in all the world, a Chosen One. One born with the strength and skill to fight the vampires, to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers.

The kid has seen parts of Something Blue, The Witch, Teacher's Pet and Welcome to the Hellmouth. She doesn't like the "scary parts" but loves the Scoobies, especially Xander, her "favorite of the boys."

I wasn't sure at first if she should see any of it, even if BtVS was one of my all-time favorite shows. But then I thought back to watching scary black and white vampire flicks on Chiller Theater with my movie-buff dad. I would cover my eyes at the scary parts and my dad would tell me when I was safe to look at the screen again - of course at the scariest moment when the vampire was about to put the bite on his victim.

Ahhh . . . tradition . . .



Buffy & Spike


Buffy the Vampire Slayer "The blond boy is Spike"



Xander & a mouse


Xander and a mouse
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

jane said...

Love these drawings! What is Xander doing with a mouse? Maybe I'm not enough of a Buffy expert to fully appreciate these.

xoxoxo said...

The artist was asked, "Why Xander and a mouse/" and she shrugged and answered, "I don't know, I just wanted to!"

Post a Comment