Wednesday, July 14, 2010

my life . . . in boxes

The movers arrived a day early, so the night before I scrambled a bit, trying to make room for all of my incoming stuff. It turned out to be a father and son team, who were just wonderful, and the move went incredibly smoothly, considering the lack of proper places to really put anything. We had to take grandma to a previously scheduled doc appointment right in the middle of everything. And I had to call into a work meeting on top of it. But it all worked out, somehow.

After everything was in its temporary place, I packed grandma and the kid up for a run to the bank and a meal out. Mostly, honestly, to postpone having to deal with all of those boxes, but we did accomplish something—the kid got her first savings account and two lollipops. Yes, some banks still have jars of lollipops.



After a nice meal and leisurely drive back home I finally faced the prospect of putting our beds together without the handy faux Swedish instructions. For a while it was touch and go and I admit I improvised, but I think I finally attached everything correctly and the beds got made as grandma and kid watched a DVD.

Some rumblings later at the bulk of two of my bookcases (the better to hold books, my dear.) but that's a skirmish for another day. Je suis pooped, and like Scarlett, I'll think about it tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment