Thursday, July 15, 2010

ten ways life is different right now

1. I can choose the block of time that is best for me to do my job, which is especially helpful with all the moving boxes yet to be unpacked, or various and sundry related errands to run.

2. Drive-thru Starbucks. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

3. I am becoming a regular at Lowes and Home Depot.

4. Lying in bed and watching heat lightning over the water.

5. I can actually see stars. We need to get a bigger telescope.



6. People aren't nicer, but they're nice in a different way. I'm not sure if it's a Florida thing, or a southern thing. Probably not the latter, because D.C. was southern to this Yankee, but everyone seems pretty damn nice. More on this after we've been here a while.

7. There's a pool downstairs.

8. I'm head of the household in a whole new way. Taking care of both mom and child is doable, but different and extremely challenging. The biggest test for me will be if I can keep my cool when things get crackly . . .

9. I have changed from an all-cash person to a credit person, seemingly overnight. Having to be in charge of everyone's moolah, it just seems easier and more prudent to create a paper/plastic trail.

10. It ain't a dry heat. But at least they know how to air condition down here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment