Friday, September 20, 2013

favorite song friday

I really like this song by New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde, "Royals," The 16 year-old has been writing songs since she was "12 or 13."



She may be young, but she seems to already have a pretty good idea of where she wants to be in the music world, as she recently turned down an offer to tour with Katy Perry. The daughter of a poet, Lorde (real name Ella Yelich-O'Connor) also has a way with words:

My friends and I we've cracked the code
We count our dollars on the train to the party
And everyone who knows us knows
That we're fine with this, we didn't come from money

...

And we'll never be royals (royals)
It don't run in our blood
That kind of lux just ain't for us, we crave a different kind of buzz
Let me be your ruler (ruler)
You can call me queen bee
And baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule
Let me live that fantasy

1 comments:

Mario R. said...

Oh, that *is* good! Thanks, Elizabeth.--Mario

Post a Comment