Monday, September 30, 2013

fairy tales a go-go

I stopped watching the fantasy fairy tale mash-up Once Upon a Time pretty early into its second season last fall as I was simply bored. But the kid likes it, so we thought we'd give it a try and watch the first episode of the third season last night. As much as I like Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin, I have to say that once again, Once Upon a Time failed to thrill. Lots and lots of whining and haranguing, and very little action or magic. That's OK, it's not like I really need to watch another serial-story television show.

During one of the commercial breaks a promo for its spin-off, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, aired. Even more fractured fairytales seemed like way too much of a not-so-great thing when I first heard about the new show, but then I caught a glimpse of Lost's Naveen Andrews. Damn. And apparently Iggy Pop (at least in voice) is also involved. I guess I'm stuck with at least checking out a few of the episodes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment